When it comes to providing complementary therapies and generally improving the health and wellbeing of her clients – Beccy Hands is reputed to be in a league of her own. She is super-friendly, quietly determined and a highly skilled and experienced practitioner. She's been providing valuable support and therapy treatments to her clients for over 10 years, building up a loyal clientele who all swear by her ability to overcome any stresses, aches or pains through her amazing massages.
Beccy really comes into her own when working with expectant mothers and couples. She is able to nurture the mum-to-be throughout the entire pregnancy, teaches the expectant father how to massage their partner during labour, giving them a vital rols to play, and also works as a birth and post-natal doula.
Beccy's background is that of a highly successful and organised TV producer working in the heart of London's West End film scene, but after years of juggling Hollywood clients and demanding Director's she felt her heart drawn towards a more healing way of life – one where she could help reduce stress levels as opposed to adding to them!
Seeking to re-train in the world of massage, Beccy originally trained in Swedish and deep tissue massage in London's highly regarding Essentials For Health – school for complimentary health care, and has subsequently spent time adding to her theory and practise through further study in Thailand and India.
Partly due to her deep love for all things 'birth' related – Beccy is now a specialised pre & post natal massage therapist. She is in high demand as a qualified and experienced Doula who practises throughout South London – assisting at home births and also on the hospital ward where she has established a great working relationship with the NHS midwives.
Beccy continues to work with all kinds of women throughout their pregnancies, helping them to prepare for birth, supporting them through the birth itself and helping them to get back to their best as quickly as possible.
• Paramana Doula Training – trained by world-class obstetrician Michel Odent & Doula Liliana Lammers
• Pregnancy and Labour Massage – trained by Suzanne Yates of "Well Mother"
• Ward Based 'Maternity Support rotation' – I received a personal invitation by Kings College Hospital to work alongside NHS midwives to deepen my ability to assist private Doula clients on the ward
• Rebozo Training with Stacia Smales Hill. This course taught me some incredible, ancient techniques practised by mid-wives and Doula's throughout Mexico to assist with and support natural births
• ITEC Holistic, Swedish and Deep Tissue Massage - an intensive 12 month course, this has given me the medical grounding to understand the workings and miracle that is the human body
• Acupressure Chair Massage – training provided by Touch-Pro. This massage technique is chair-based and is perfect for those who have little time to spare, are working on a busy schedule and need a quick way to de-stress and regain their energy.